Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers quickly below or search our detailed knowledge base.
- 1. Who developed Mathseeds?
- 2. What does the Australian Broadcasting Corporation have to do with Mathseeds?
- 3. For what age group is Mathseeds suitable?
- 4. How do I purchase an online subscription to Mathseeds?
- 5. Will my child's progress be retained when I purchase a subscription?
- 6. What is an avatar?
- 7. How can I change my avatar's appearance?
- 8. Technical Requirements
- 9. Who do I call if I need technical help?
- 10. I filled out the registration form but I did not receive the activation email?
- 11. I have to reset my password every time I log in
- 1. Is there an extra cost to use Mathseeds Prime?
- 2. What Year level does Mathseeds Prime cover?
- 3. What is in the My Lesson Trees menu?
- 4. What's in each Unit?
- 5. Which topics are covered?
- 6. What is the FF book in the tree?
- 7. What are the golden coins used for?
- 8. Is there a placement test?
- 9. Can lessons be skipped?
- 10. Is there reporting available to see my child's progress?
- 11. Are there printable activity sheets for Mathseeds Prime?
- 12. What will be released in the future?
1.Who developed ABC Mathseeds?
The ABC Mathseeds programs have been developed by a highly experienced team of teachers, educational writers, animators and web developers. We completely support what children learn at school and will help to improve your child’s results.
2. What does the Australian Broadcasting Corporation have to do with Mathseeds?
Blake Publishing and 3P Learning have joined forces with ABC Commercial to bring the fantastic Mathseeds program to Australians via the ABC Connect brand. The ABC, like the Blake and 3P learning teams, are committed to producing and distributing innovative, high quality content that its audiences and customers find educational and enjoyable.
3. For what age group is ABC Mathseeds suitable?
ABC Mathseeds is designed for children aged 3‑9.
4. How do I purchase an online subscription to ABC Mathseeds?
Contact customer service to purchase a subscription to ABC Mathseeds.
5. Will my child’s progress be retained when I purchase a subscription?
Your child’s progress will be retained when you purchase an online subscription. To retain the progress you need to ensure that you are logged in to your account which has the progress you wish to retain. If you are purchasing over the phone you need to advise the customer service team that you are extending an existing account.
6. What is an avatar?
An avatar is an online character that children can make their own. Every child is unique and they can express this by creating their own online character, their avatar. This quirky egg‑based character welcomes them back every time they return. This avatar is their very own creation and children can change this character as often as they like.
7. How can I change my avatar’s appearance?
To change an avatar’s appearance, you simply need to log in to your account and navigate to the ‘My Stuff’ tab, from here select ‘My Avatar’. You will be able to select a variety of items in the change room. You have lots of free items to choose from as well as extra accessories you can buy from Reggie’s Shop. To pay for these you will need ‘golden eggs’, which you earn by completing lessons and puzzles. You need to visit the shop and buy these items before you go to the change room.
8. Technical Requirements
For a full list of technical requirements, please click here.
9. Who do I call if I need technical help?
You can contact our friendly customer service staff on 1300 457 271 or email us at email@example.com.
10. I filled out the registration form but I did not receive the activation email?
When you register, ABC Mathseeds sends an activation email to the email address you supplied. The email may go to your junk mail, so be sure to check all areas of your email inbox. If you have not received the activation email within 15 minutes your registration may not have been successful. Try to register again using a unique login name.
11. I have to reset my password every time I log in
If you have tried to reset your password and you need to reset each time you login, you may have the correct password but the wrong username. Your username is detailed in the email that was sent to you when you reset your ABC Mathseeds account password.
1. Is there an extra cost to use Mathseeds Prime?
No, Mathseeds Prime is included under your ABC Mathseeds subscription at no additional cost.
2. What Year level does Mathseeds Prime cover?
Our initial release of Mathseeds Prime covers the Year 4 Australian Curriculum.
3. What is in the My Lesson Trees menu?
The My Lesson Trees menu is home to the core sequences of lessons in Mathseeds Prime. Students can progress through the different strands of mathematics as they please. This is a bit different to the way students follow one structured lesson‑by‑lesson learning path in ABC Mathseeds.
4. What's in each Unit?
Each unit of work focuses on a specific topic. Each unit has three or four lessons. Each lesson has four parts – Review, Lesson Video, Interactive Activity and Practice Questions. Each unit also includes 2 quizzes, a related problem‑solving activity and a fun fact video, as well as the seedbob rewards for each lesson.
5. Which topics are covered?
Currently, the topics include Number, Fractions, Operations & Algebra, Geometry. Measurement to come.
6. What is the FF book in the tree?
This book contains Fantastic Facts – each one contains a video presenting a mathematical fact, or real‑life application connected to the maths students are learning.
7. What are the golden coins used for?
The golden coins are the currency students use throughout the program. They can use them to purchase maths games and upgrade their Woodling avatar. These encourage students to complete more lessons, so they can earn more golden coins and enjoy more of the fun areas of the program.
8. Is there a placement test?
Not yet. Once we add content covering additional Year levels in Mathseeds Prime, we will add a placement test where students can be matched to the appropriate level for their ability.
9. Can lessons be skipped?
Yes, via the 'Adjust Level' option under the family dashboard.
10. Is there reporting available to see my child's progress?
Reporting for Mathseeds Prime is available in your family dashboard. You will be able to monitor the time your child has spent in the program, along with results for the quizzes they have taken across the lessons. More detailed reporting will be released in the future.
11. Are there printable activity sheets for Mathseeds Prime?
Comprehensive worksheets are available in your family dashboard to help support your child in Mathseeds Prime. And we haven't forgotten you! Answers to the booklets can also be found here.
12. What will be released in the future?
- Fluency area
- Placement tests
- My Progress area with awards
- Content for Year 5 and Year 6
- Updates to reporting
- Regionalised versions for United Kingdom, United States and Canada.